Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Tired

I'm trying to preemptively force my body into a US time zone. The only problem: it's not working.

It's 10:44am, July 10 right now. That's the time back home, and that's what I keep telling myself. The thing is, here it's 1:44am, July 11, and that's the time my worn out body is screaming at me to pay attention to. I tried to plan for this, trying to sleep between 2pm and 7pm this afternoon (aka 11pm-4am, Stateside), but it just resulted in an odd dream in which I was home and had completely blanked out on my entire journey, and in my waking up early feeling ill-rested.

And, now, I can tell you there is no way I'm staying up another 9 hours or so, until an "appropriate" West-coast bedtime. What's more, that's probably a good thing: if I went to bed in 9 hours, I'd miss my planned breakfast with Fonda and Esther, and I'd end up missing most of my last day in Taiwan AND likely missing my train/flight, in addition to not being ready to go, since my bags are still in need of some re-packing, and I am certainly not capable of finishing it tonight.

So...yeah. I'm going to go to bed now, I think. So much for advance time zone shifting...I leave tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment