Saturday, August 20, 2011

Placed at last!

It's official: I've been placed in League G! I will work with three great LETs--Maggie, Alison, and Patty--at two schools, Qin-shan and Han-min. Here's a map for reference.

If you can't tell from the map, I'm in the city! Which is great! I am very excited to work with Maggie, Alison and Patty--their schools are very focused on the arts, which will be lots of fun for a writer like me; I'm sure I'll be putting together some epic Reader's Theater projects for them!

But the drama is far from over: both my dear friend and apartment-mate Karina, and the wonderful Lydia, were unexpectedly placed in the more remote schools, and housing arrangements, as well as a few other things, are still sticky.

We co-taught again today, and it was great! Tracy and I taught animals, which went REALLY well--I had written a story which we read to the kids twice, once with them listening to answer questions (What was the monkey's name? How many animals were there? What kinds?), and then once where they got to act out each animal as I said its name. Really fun; they loved it, and the race/vocabulary game we played later. Even Rebecca's daughter joined in! Here's the story.

Here's a video from yesterday of Andrew's co-teacher Rebecca leading the group in a game/exercise:

Also worth noting is that the kids in my (temporary) class were freaking adorable. Here, I have proof!
L-R: Julian, Max, Coco, Candy

In line for pizza...some things are universal. :)

Teacher, me, me! I know! Also, L-R seated: Candy, Coco, Tina, Jenny, Frannie, Judy, Victor. Sammie is on the floor.

Twins in our class! The boys are Johnny and Victor; the girl (not a twin) is Teenie
So there you have it! And now I'm EXHAUSTED and going to bed. It's been quite the week.

2 comments:

  1. Ohh, how exciting! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha exhaustion will become our familiar ally!

    ReplyDelete