Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Errands are fun!

When done by scooter, that is. I just got back from an epic journey (okay, a quick jaunt) around town with Rachel to get some necessities finished--we pre-registered for a gym (we'll do the real stuff Friday), then back to Chialing's for dinner and directions, then on to the vegetable market, then back to the fruit market near our apartment.

I'm love getting off at noon on Wednesdays.

Things I learned about Kaohsiung today:

1.) The roads curve around, meaning that many of the turns Google tells me to take are not, strictly speaking, necessary--I could just as easily take one road most of the way to my schools.

2.) I need a *real* helmet--one that doesn't resemble a bike helmet and include a rubber chin strap--ASAP. Partly for my safety, true, (though, to clarify, my helmet was made for scooter riding, not biking), but mostly because rubber + skin + heat = extremely unpleasant.

3.) Any wrong turn can easily be converted into a tea stop.

That's it for now. :)


1 comment:

  1. Question: Will your blots continue to get shorter and shorter until they disappear? They are the bright point of my day. :0)

    ReplyDelete