Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Little Moments

I feel like I've used that title before, but I don't care. All days are made up of little moments, and today they were all happy ones, dozens of little gems strung along in particular order. Each one stands alone, like a Facebook status, without any apparent connection to the others. And, as it's past midnight, I can't be bothered to forge one, so here they are, in their individual glories:

I discovered that both of the kids sitting in the far front of my 6th grade classrooms are named "Tim." Gotta love mnemonics!

Alison and my hybrid drawing game for phonics went off beautifully, and the kids really seemed to enjoy it in every class. Yeah multi-sensory engagement!

I came home to the delivery of a package from the States, containing my new Kindle cover (so cute!) and new headphones to replace the ones that didn't quite survive their recent trip through the wash. Official day count to ship home to here: 11 days.

I spent my afternoon in Sunnyday Cafe, making real progress on the first short story I've seriously attempted in a while. I like where it's going.

I stopped in at Watson's and bought mouthwash, an uninteresting tidbit but for the fact that, in addition to its being half off and buy one get one, my purchase somehow earned me a smallish, heart-shaped, pink fleece  pillow. Only in Taiwan. <3
Seen here in its natural habitat.
Parking at the gym was easy! Always a bonus, since it's right behind a major department store...

My workout was great. I'm going to be so sore tomorrow, and that's the best thing I can think of at the moment. I've finally reached the point where (knock on wood) I actually enjoy working out!

I came home ravenous, and a single touch of the knife was enough to make my watermelon burst open of its own accord. You know it's a good melon (and it was!) when...

Finally, I found this, a great little spoof on The Hunger Games called The Hunger Pains. Definitely worth checking it out.

And that was my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment