Thursday, February 16, 2012

Lavender tea and 五月天

I don't know why I always put off posting until the last hour or so of my day, when my energy is zapped and my creativity is suffering from its daily rigor mortis. Perhaps it's for the same reason that I stay up until 1am playing Words with Friends on Facebook.

Or, perhaps it's because the highlights of my day today include such riveting entries as "getting my bank book fixed," "going to the doctor" (nothing serious, don't worry), "being sore," "calling friend after friend trying to find out how to say lavender milk tea and then asking tea store after tea store if they had it," and, well, "playing Words with Friends."

See, if I were more awake I'd go ahead and tell you the tea story, about how Karina and I combed Zuoying, Karina trying to figure out "lavender milk tea" by describing it to the vendors before we resorted to calling Fonda, Tom, Samia (none of whom picked up) and then Lucy, Karina's LET, who was finally able to tell us the name. About how the tea vendor we had just been talking to was able to write the words on a scrap of paper for us, which we then carried from place to place, covering a good ten blocks worth of tea shops and finding not a single place that sold it. About how their typical answer was "try 7-11," yet even when we got desperate enough to check there, they didn't have any. About how I still have yet to try this supposed ambrosia.

But I'm tired, and I have 五月天 (Mayday) stuck in my head, and I just realized I don't think I've ever shared my favorite of their songs on here before. So here it is. Also, it has the lyrics, translated, for those who don't speak Chinese.



No comments:

Post a Comment