Monday, February 13, 2012

Still sandwiches

I already spent a good portion of time today wrestling with Blogger to get yesterday's post up, and it's fairly late now and I work tomorrow morning, so I'll let this serve as a sort of addendum to my previous post.

Yes, I know what you're thinking: yesterday's post was about sandwiches. What's there to add? Well, this:
This is Taiwan's direct response to my commentary on its sandwiches. Still in a sandwich-craving mood--I was fighting with my post this morning, after all, which involved re-Googling all the images--I decided to try out Handwich, the cafe Samia recommended to me. And, as the picture indicates, I was not disappointed. This sandwich was like "You think there's no good sandwiches in Taiwan? You think Muddy Waters holds the monopoly around here on big ol' heaps of stuff between slices of hearty bread? Then take a look at ME!"

Glorious, two-hands-and-several-napkins-required rosemary chicken on focaccia goodness, together with fries (you can see them peeking through in the middle) and a hot coffee for a mere 159NT (~$5US). Okay, so it was still a little steep. Totally worth it, though.

I love it when Taiwan proves me wrong.
---

Also, this is my 200th consecutive daily post. Woohoo! Hard to believe it's been that long, but you can expect at least another 138 to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment