Friday, February 17, 2012

Bad habits die hard

Habits like putting off writing until 1am when you have to teach at 8:30am the next morning.

Good habits can be cultivated, though, and here I'm not just talking about writing. Minor victory that it is, I went to the gym today in spite of my still-aching muscles. Having a trainer is already paying off: he was on Facebook this morning when I was and he gave me an assignment for the day. And, if you know me at all, you know that I can't not do something that's been assigned to me. I'd like to think I would have gone either way, but the truth is there's no telling.

After all, as this short-and-sloppy late-night post illustrates, just knowing you shouldn't do something doesn't necessarily change a thing without outside stimulus.

No comments:

Post a Comment