Friday, April 13, 2012

Pictures at last

It's odd how quickly photos can pile up. Even with my diligent posting of most of my March pictures a few weeks ago, I had several hundred still un-posted as of today, just halfway through April. But no longer.

They are now all up: pictures from various outings with my host family, pictures from Alex and Melanie's visit, pictures from dying Easter eggs with my kids, pictures from making Eggs Benedict. And I realized an odd thing about posting pictures today: I'm less likely to do it if I've already blogged about it. See, whenever I post on here, and use select pictures from the day, two things happen:

1.) I upload the pictures from my camera to my computer, thus getting rid of half the work involved. I usually even edit the few I end up using.
2.) I put the best pictures up for all to see.

These two things are unquestionably the least productive things I could do for general photo-posting. See, they make me feel like I've already done it; that all (the important) photos are up and that doing more would be a bonus/extra work for nothing. But, of course, that's not true. I post maybe 15 pictures on here, if I'm feeling indecisive; I post several hundred to my Facebook, even when I'm being picky.

Today, I was being somewhat picky. So here, for your viewing pleasure, are links to the fruits of my uploading labors, in the form of albums named:

"What will you do in March?" "I will wear green in March" (new additions);
April showers... (,,,or sun, or clouds, as the case may be);
Easter! (Dying eggs at 漢民 and 青山, then making Eggs Benedict with friends--not bad for a holiday away from home.)

No comments:

Post a Comment