Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Well...

My plan for today's post was simple: upload all my photos and pull the (admittedly cheap) "I didn't have time to blog today, but here's a link to my newest album" trick.

But then I failed to upload my pictures.

What I did succeed in doing today was book plane tickets and obtain a visitors visa for my trip to Australia this summer! It's official, I will spend a week this summer in (or on my way to and from) Cairns, Australia, basking on the beaches, learning to SCUBA dive the Great Barrier Reef, and hopefully taking a day trip into the Outback. I've been putting off buying the tickets out of a mixture of fear and apprehension--afraid my money situation would change and apprehensive that ticket prices would go down later if I bought now (Murphy's Law and all that)--but it feels ever-so-nice to have that no longer weighing me down, but rather as a carrot leading me toward the end of June and a lovely little vacation. Now to book the hostel, etc...

The other thing the day taught me, though, is that I may be coming down with something. Which is why I'm writing this post now, at 11pm, and then shutting out the light and going to sleep for as long as my schedule will permit. Plans for tomorrow: a better post, perhaps?

No comments:

Post a Comment