Saturday, April 21, 2012

Food blog

Today, that's what you get. Because today is Friday at the end of a week during which I've slept little and not well, and today also happened to feature some particularly wonderful food. Food like...

The Tuna Fish

This little buddy was waiting for me at Shakespeare's Boulangerie, aware, as I was not, that the bagels I craved would not be there waiting for me. He was simply too adorable not to buy, and it wasn't until I got him home and took a bite that I realized that his oh-so-wonderful dough was filled with tuna salad. Unexpected (silly me--it is a fish, after all), but quite good!

Burger and fries


I know--of all the food things I could write about in Taiwan, I'm writing about a burger and fries??? Yes. Yes I am. It'd been too long since I'd had one, and this particular one came from Sandwich Islands, a place on the Love River that I've wanted to try out ever since I first noticed it existed several months ago. And, right when I was missing home, and home-style food, it hit the spot. As did...

a Strawberry milkshake

More like a very creamy smoothie than a milkshake, if you ask me--I'd guess it was made with yogurt instead of ice cream--but still so so good! And, given how small it looked when I got it, it lasted for quite a while and filled me up with creamy strawberry-y goodness. And it even looked pretty, with a mint leaf on top.

I will definitely be going back for more at Sandwich Islands--at it's pretty cheap, too! My delish meal was just 198NT, or just under $6US. Mmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment