Monday, June 4, 2012

Flurry

To look at today, you wouldn't exactly describe it as a "flurry." I didn't leave the house until almost 7pm; until then, I was mostly sitting at my computer or cleaning.

But that's just it! All day, I was sitting at my computer or cleaning! I guess I should clarify at this point that my computer-sitting today was, in fact, productive; I finished editing a chapter of a thesis I'm working on (just under deadline, I might add), I cleaned the apartment, and I posted the month-and-a-half's worth of photos that I'd fallen behind on (links here and here). And I made a three-year plan for myself. And I washed my sheets. AND I got to talk to my Mom for a while. It was great!

I've determined that, for me, Sundays have become a last-ditch productivity day. Every weekend, I have X amount of stuff I need to get done. Every Friday, I take a weak stab at it and then give myself the rest of the day off--after all, it's the weekend! Every Saturday, I tell myself I'm going to get a lot done--and that lasts right about until my alarm goes off in the morning. I get a good-ish sized chunk done, but inevitably leave myself with more to do than I should have--and that's where Sunday comes in. I must thrive on tight deadlines or something, because Sunday is, pretty much without fail, my single most productive day of the week in any given week. So, hooray!

I could have posted a "hooray"-like picture here...But how much cooler is a picture of my Buzz Lightyear band-aid???

From Karina's camera: hands-down my favorite photo from our last weekend in Taipei. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment