Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Nerding out for a minute

Ultimate, unabashed nerd moment: Doctor Who.

If you haven't seen it, first of all, you should. Second of all, by way of explanation, it's a fantasy/sci-fi British TV show that's been around for ages in various incarnations. (Get the in-joke? No? THEN GO WATCH IT.) And, since I joined it fairly late in the game and happen to have plenty of downtime here in Taiwan, I've been playing catch-up.

Today, I got through Season 4, Episode 13: Journey. And it, together with the fact that I am still hard at work finishing up the article I've been working on, has left me with no words to write. (Spoilers...)

Not at all coincidentally, I've had this song stuck in my head for the past few days. When I first heard it, I had no idea it was from the soundtrack to Twilight; quite apart from that, Christina Perri is a great artist and so I am choosing to ignore its origins and just enjoy its beauty. I suggest you do the same--maybe just minimize this screen and listen.


No comments:

Post a Comment