Friday, May 18, 2012

Writing woes

I had something to say today. I swear I did. Just a few hours ago I was at my computer doing something else entirely unrelated (working on a graduation speech for one of my schools, actually), and I was like "oh, I can write that in my blog today!" I followed up that thought by glancing through my current 7-day spread of posts on my blog, and getting excited that my last really worthless post would move to the archives once I posted today. (Yesterday's doesn't fall into that category because, come on, movies!)

But now, here I am, writing once again about the troubles of writing. And I know that no one, myself included, wants to read this stuff. These posts seem to be multiplying these days, a fact I'm none too proud of.

Part of it is, undoubtedly, that I've just been here long enough and written enough posts that I'm running out of topics for daily posting. But, lest you think it is just me being lazy, I need to point out now that I'm also simultaneously working on four other writing projects of various lengths and importance (including the aforementioned speech), so at least my pledge to write something daily is in full force, and likely in greater force than it has been at any other point of this year.

So that's where my creativity's going. Sorry it's not showing up here.
But hey, look! A silly picture of me wearing lens-less pink glasses whose earpieces are made of pens! A belated birthday present from a student. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment