Saturday, December 10, 2011

Frenzy

My mom is coming today! According to the online flight tracker, her last flight left Tokyo just a few minutes ago, and is due in Taipei (Taoyuan, actually...) in 4 hours, 16 minutes. So soon! I'm getting antsy.

Beginning yesterday, I've been in an on-and-off frenzy of preparations. Clean my room: check. Buy poinsettias to make it look somewhat Christmas-y around here: check. Clean the kitchen: check. Clean the dining/living room: check. Sweep and mop the apartment: check. Clean the bathroom: check. Buy groceries: check. Re-clean my room, since all this rushing about has somehow gotten it dirty again: check.

So now, with all that done, there's not much else I can do but sit stiffly on my new-made bed, or on my freshly arranged couch, trying not to get things dirty again as I await the time for me to head up to Taoyuan to meet her. So yeah, I'm getting antsy; sitting seems like somewhat of a chore in itself. I've made three or four separate errands-related runs around the neighborhood in the past few hours, and I still felt like there's something else I should be doing.

Then I realized: there was. This blog. No way it's getting written at my normal time! Nope, around midnight tonight I'll be uncomfortably secured in a bus headed back from Taoyuan to Kaohsiung with my MOM! So that's what this is: my blog. Written when I have time. So that I don't miss it.

I'm sure I'm forgetting more than that (always seems to be the case--oh, wait, I need to copy down all the vocabulary I'll need tonight, since I'll most likely forget/mispronounce it!), but at least this will be done, too.

OK, a blog about writing a blog is pretty lame, so I'll cut it out for now. After all, MY MOM IS COMING TO VISIT ME! And she'll be here tonight (or, rather, early tomorrow morning), ready to admire my shiny clean apartment. Except--OH NO that mirror needs cleaning! Well, I'm out.

No comments:

Post a Comment