Thursday, December 1, 2011

Moments from Today

I woke up this morning with a headache. ""What a perfect accompaniment for my day of teaching unruly 6th graders," I thought to myself as I scootered in to work.

The first class confirmed my suspicions that it was going to be rough, grabbing all the props I brought in for our "Where are you going?" game and making me break out mean-teacher-Bekah a few times.

But they also gave me a couple wonderful little moments that I thought I'd share.

  • For calling roll I've been mixing it up a bit, and today students had to tell me their favorite animals. Best one: dinosaur
  • After school, one of my more troublesome students, AJ, walked over to the classroom phone and pretended to call me. We got a nice little exchange going on
  • To reinforce the place names we were learning, I asked my students what they did in each one. "What do you do at the restaurant?" "Eat food!" "What do you do at the park?" "Walk the dog!" and then--- "What do you do at the hospital?" "DIE!" hahah
 I had more, but they seem to have fled my mind as the result of the past several hours, which I have spent attempting to book flights to Thailand. (Need to book 4, planned to book 2 tonight, succeeded at 1. I'll have to try again tomorrow.) But, oddly, my loud-and-crazy day with 6th graders eliminated my headache, leaving instead some fun memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment