Thursday, December 8, 2011

Nothing to say

I truly have nothing of import to say today. All I have to offer is some small observations I made today; the sorts of things some would put on Facebook. But it's something, I guess:

1.) There seems to be an epidemic of broken arms at my schools: I saw two of my students at Hanmin today wearing casts and slings, and one of my students at Qingshan apparently broke her arm during Sports Day.

2.) A student cried in one of my classes today, after her teammates tried unsuccessfully to teach her a new word and they lost a game. Sometimes I'm glad I don't teach younger grades, where this is a common occurence...

3.) I finished The Hunger Games today. They lose hope in the third book, and I found myself wishing I could have skipped it and just read the epilogue instead. The first book is undoubtedly the best, as is usually the case with series.

4.) I continue to hate international banking, as I discovered today that my carefully-measured-and-planned-out money transfer had been deducted on the receiving end, in addition to the fee I had already paid to transfer. Hate this part about living overseas.

5.) I discovered that my plans to go to the gym or not can hinge upon such a simple factor as whether or not I have my headphones ready to go with me.

6.) For such a beautiful place with so many tourist attractions, it is remarkably hard to find accommodations on Green Island (綠島). On the plus side, trains make its mainland cousin, Taitung, easy to reach.


7.) Last but not least, I am so excited for my mom to come visit me! She'll be here Saturday, and though the preparations are still coming together (see item 6), I'm sure we'll have a blast either way.


So, for not having much to say, at least I was able to conjure up one of my faithful lists!

No comments:

Post a Comment