Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Why Today Didn't Suck (though it could have)

I had a pretty good day, all things considered. And, by "all things," I mean my scooter breaking down on my drive home. Here's why:

1.) My scooter broke down on the way home, meaning I wasn't in any sort of a hurry and didn't have the panic of having to call my LETs and hope they picked up.

2.) It broke down next to the airport, meaning I just had to wheel it (an admittedly long way) into the parking lot, and I had a safe and easy-to-find place to park it, and then an easy access point to MRT to get me home.

3.) I had an amazing and relaxing (after the rowdy first period, that is) day at school. I taught my students vocabulary (donkey, camel, stable, manger, shepherds, wisemen, angel, gifts), told them the nativity story (no problem with teaching religious stories here!), which involved sentences like "The angel told the shepherds, 'Hey, there's a new baby down in Bethlehem, and he's God's son. You should go check it out!", and then watched Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer, sans the nonessential parts, until the end of class, when I gave them all candy canes. Pretty wonderful teaching day for everyone--the kids loved it, too!

(and, for your viewing pleasure...)



4.) My dinner involved experimentation with whatever food I happened to have handy, and so turned into a light veggie pasta consisting of grape tomatoes, onions, green peppers, olive oil and spices. Quite yummy, and so pretty to look at!
Hmm..less yellow in person...
 5.) Fonda took care of my scooter problems, passing my keys off to a mechanic and informing me that I might have it back tomorrow. AND, if there's any day to be scooter-less, tomorrow's it: class doesn't start till 1:30pm, giving me plenty of time to tackle the lengthy and cumbersome MRT route.

So yeah. Not a bad day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment