Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Headed for Thailand

In approximately 2 hours, I will board a bus headed for Taoyuan. About 8 hours after that, I will board a plane headed for Thailand. I'm beyond excited! I get to meet up with Melanie and Marissa, and of course explore the gorgeous southern beaches, too. It will be glorious. I am beyond thrilled.

But my computer will not make the journey.

That's right, my daily blog will stall, and maybe cease. Temporarily. See, my bag looks like this:

And that's me being a minimalist. Which I aim to be. Thus, for a while, no blog.

But rest assured, I will use any Internet access I can get my hands on to post whenever I can, and I'll be purchasing a notebook tomorrow so I can post retroactively, but still somewhat in real time. Just because I'm stubborn and can't possibly give up on 6 months of hard daily work just because I don't happen to have a computer nearby.

Also of note, I'll be suspending my one new thing thing while I'm gone since, you know, EVERYthing will be a new thing.

In the meantime, though, here's today's one new thing.

Thing 5:
I WENT TO PINGTUNG TODAY! It was absolutely phenomenal. Maggie invited me to come have dinner with her family, and it was lovely. Maggie and her dad picked me up from Zuoying and drove me out to their family home, where we had delicious hot pot and wax apples, I met two of Maggie's sisters, her parents, and her dog (who was entirely too terrified of me to let me photograph him), and we took bikes to see Maggie's family's old shrimp farm.

There was just too much wonderfulness happening to write about it all in the brief one-hour window I have now, so here are some of the great, but unedited, photos.








 Thing 6:
I bought a towel. Sounds uninteresting, I know, but that's before you see it, and hear my rationale. See, here it is:

That's right, Paul Frank. And I bought it over Hello Kitty, Spongebob and Doraemon. Because my current towels aren't good enough, because they're too good. See that backpack up there? Yeah, that's all I'm bringing. And I needed THIN. And CRAPPY. And CHEAP. And voila! Paul Frank fits the bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment