Thursday, January 19, 2012

Readers' Theater, concluded

Yesterday, I mentioned that I presented what I was doing to all the other Fulbright grantees. What I neglected to mention, though, is what I talked about--readers' theater. And, for that matter, I realized, I have never showed here the final outcome of my readers' theater projects, which is a real shame, because they're adorable.

So today, back home and in full-on relaxation mode, let me take a moment to show you all the wonderfulness that my kids at Qingshan and Hanmin came up with. I think it was pretty great.

First of all, here are myself and all of my fantastic actors, fully decked out after their performances.
Qingshan
Hanmin
And now, of course, here's them in action. Here's Qingshan's play, "The Spooky Crown of Tim Cockatoo," which was based off of The Terrifying Tale of Prewitt Peacock, by Bill Peet, one of my all-time favorite children's book authors. (I apologize for the film quality on both videos; they're the official film from the hosting school, who wouldn't let anyone else film or take pictures during the show.)

And here is Hanmin's play, "The Emperor's New Clothes," the script for which I wrote based on the classic story. They won third place in this city-wide competition.

So there you have it! You now know all that my fellow Fulbrighters do--and just a little of what my kids have been up to lately.

2 comments:

  1. Your Hanmin kids did so great! I loved it. I am going to show it to my students tomorrow. For some reason I can't watch the video of Quingshan. It says the video is private. Can you adjust a setting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed it! The settings should be fixed now. :)

    ReplyDelete